Thank you for considering the use of our services! Outlined below are useful things that you will need to know prior to booking, regarding delivery/collection and other information. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Outline of our Fees
- Booking Deposit: Once a booking is entered into our system, we require a 25% (of the total cost) booking deposit to be paid within 1-3 days from the date outlined on the booking invoice. This will secure the items requested for the date requested. It also ensures us, as a business, that the hirer has committed to the booking. If we do not receive the booking deposit, a reminder will be sent requiring payment by the end of the day or the booking will be deleted.
- Non-refundable $20 booking fee - this is included in the total cost, it is not additional and is non-refundable. This fee covers the administration requirements for every booking, specifically the time taken to process bookings, payments, quotes, all correspondence, etc.
- Refundable bond: This is additional to the cost of the hire item/s. Bookings up to $100 will require a bond of $75, bookings up to $200 will require a bond of $100, bookings up to $300 will require a bond of $125.For large community/public events or bookings exceeding $300 bonds will be quoted at the time of booking. Bonds are refunded within 1-3 workings days following the booking date. This is subject to all hire items being returned in their entirety and in the same clean and functional condition as they were provided by Happy Days Party Hire. We clean and check every item before it is released for hire use. If equipment is lost, broken, not working, or inconsiderately dirty the hire bond will be withheld.
- Hire item cost: We take great pride in keeping our equipment in great condition, as well as providing a high standard of service. Therefore the cost to hire out equipment covers everything required for us to ensure clean and safe equipment arrives (and is collected from) your events on time. Items are stored off site so they have to be packed the day before, set up, wiped with sanitising solution before use, then collected, thoroughly cleaned, and then taken back to be unpacked and returned to storage - it's quite a process!
*We require full payment to be made no less than 4 days prior to the booking date.
If bookings are cancelled with more than 10 days’ notice, we refund (but retain the $20 booking fee). Cancellations with less than 10 days’ notice will forfeit the full booking deposit.
*Please note, our delivery service radius has reduced to 25km due to worsening Auckland traffic and greater demand for our services. We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to be able to increase our capabilities in the future.
We offer a delivery and collection service for bookings exceeding $100. We are a small team with extremely busy weekends; therefore, we cannot deliver to distances beyond 25km from our base in Botany Downs. It takes 4 trips to deliver and collect to/from an event. Delivery charges are calculated on a per/km basis. You can do a quick check by using Google Maps to look up the distance of your delivery address from Botany Downs. Costs are outlined below.
Bookings exceeding $100
- Delivery is free within 15km, thereafter:
Bookings under $100
- Within 15km distance is $15
*these costs include set up and pack down of hire equipment if time allows on the day.
8:00am – 6:00pm during the months between 1st April – 31st October
8:00am – 7:30pm during the months between 1st November – 31st March
9:00am - 2:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
We are closed on Wednesdays.
Last minute bookings.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, if we can make it happen – we will!
Collection/Return from us.
This service is NO longer available. We operate our business from home and all of our equipment is stored in storage units off site. Due to recent unwelcome experiences we can no longer allow our equipment to be collected by customers from our home. We are working very hard to improve hire flexibility and convenience for our customers.
We pride ourselves on supplying equipment that is in excellent condition! A lot of our hire items are bulky and awkward to handle and can only be transported and set up by our team.